In October Sienna and I had a special mother-daughter experience at the South Carolina State Fair. I LOVE the Fair for so many reasons. I had such a good time as a kid going to the fair, especially as a young adult. We would get a group of friends together, have one of our parents drop us off and then get an all-you-can-ride pass. We would spend hours walking around people watching, riding the safe (yes, I continue to try to convince myself) rides, and eating incredibly healthy - okay, so not so incredibly - food. So this year I had to take Sienna for the first time. I decided that we would concentrate on the animals - which ended up being a hit. Sienna enjoyed seeing the "small stock", i.e. chickens, ducks and rabbits; we also got to see an elephant, a camel and a lot of cows who were getting ready to be judged. She especially enjoyed riding a pony, as you can see in the pictures:

After having a yummy hotdog and vinegar fries, Sienna found a Dora doll that she just had to have. Finally, I decided to brave one ride to see how she would do - she was dying to try one. Since she loves to swing, we decided on that one (and I could ride it with her). It actually went a little high, but she didn't seem to mind and ended up having fun. The only problem was that it was chilly. Here's right before the ride started:
We had a great time! Afterwards we went to Jack's birthday. Lots of kids and some rain, but loads of fun:
No, that isn't Sienna's beer!
Happy Birthday Jack!!
No comments:
Post a Comment